Although delicate gems, pearls can last for generations when treated with proper care . Below are some key tips to maintaining your pearls.
- For daily care, after wearing, it’s best to wipe cultured pearls with a soft and clean cloth.
- Never clean pearls in an ultrasonic or steam cleaner; instead, use warm, water for cleaning once in a while.
- When cleaning pearl necklaces and strands, make sure that the string is completely dry before wearing the necklace.
- Pearls are generally resilient to regular light, but it is best to avoid extreme temperatures and harsh sunlight when wearing pearls as repeated exposure to such conditions can cause cracks in nacre.
- Pearls are very sensitive to certain cosmetic chemicals such as perfume and hairspray, as well as almost all acids. Thus, it is recommendable to wear pearls after applying makeup and perfume.
- Always store your pearl jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth to protect it from being scratched by harder gemstones or other kinds of jewelry.
We want your pearls to last a lifetime, so kindly contact us at email@example.com for any questions about pearl care or to seek professional cleaning services for your pearls.